Keep these tips in mind when you care for your natural hair this fall.
- Do deep condition your hair regularly. Deep conditioning ensures that your natural hair remains moisturized. Moisturized hair is less susceptible to breakage and split ends.
- Do style your hair in protective hairstyles to protect your ends
- Don’t wear woolen hats, caps, or beanies as they will cause dryness
- Do eat healthy amounts of vegetables, fish like salmon, and fruits
- Do take a multivitamin, biotin, or Omega 3 supplement to aid in hair growth. (Always consult your doctor before taking a supplement)
- Do hot oil treatments regularly to prevent dry scalp and dandruff
- Don’t neglect to wash your hair regularly as this cleans clogged pores which prevent hair growth
- Do use a microfiber towel, old T-shirt, or pillow case to dry your hair after washing
- Don’t forget to moisturize your edges or any part of your hair exposed to the weather. Condition your hair with heavy creams and butters.
- Do use a humidifier to keep moisture in the air in your house. You can also steam your hair regularly for extra conditioning.
How do you plan to take care your natural hair this fall?